Papon (ANGARAAG MAHANTA) - a multi-instrumentalist, composer, producer and singer has become one of the most recognizable-and-sought-after voices in India. While rooted in folk, Papon has a wide variety of influences and considered to be an extremely versatile artist.
Papon was born to a set of brilliant musicians of Assam and was introduced to music and its intricacies at a very early age. His mother ARCHANA MAHANTA and father Late KHAGEN MAHANTA were two very popular and respected musicians of the region.
Coming from a musically attuned family, Music has always been in his blood. His inspirations came from the wide array of sound that he has been exposed to – i.e. from the traditional Folk songs of Eastern India to Ghazals to new-age Electronica.
His initial training has been in Indian classical and traditional music (devotional and folk) from Assam. His innovative experiments are rich with ambient electronica, acoustic folk, electro ghazals to classical sounds. Blessed with a voice that’s smooth and soulful at the same time, Papon has managed to carve a niche for himself as a versatile singer and composer. He can easily switch from folk music to ghazals to electronica and it’s no surprise that he’s a name to reckon with in the music scene in India.
“The Story So far” album was released by TIMES Music in Jan 2012 and won the GIMA in the Best POP Album category, 2012.
Papon has received two awards at the JD Rock Awards, 2013 -‘Best Male Vocalist’ and ‘Best Song’ for the feisty folk track Boitha Maro Re from his acclaimed debut Hindi album ‘The Story So Far”.In GIMA 2015, Papon again won the Best POP Album for his episode of CokeStudio Season3 songs
Papon was declared the best male singer award in the ‘Prag Cine awards’ 2012, for the title song Ramdhenu in the Assamese movie Raamdhenu.In 2015 Prag Cine Awards, Papon is awarded the Global Icon Award.
|Cast:||Papon (ANGARAAG MAHANTA)|
- Hard Rock Cafe Dubai Festival City Mall
- GateOpen: 07:30 PM
Milestone Entertainment is a vibrant and energetic Dubai based event Management company. We conceptualize events - corporate events,
product launches, private functions, weddings & anniversaries, club parties, concerts and a lot more.
Creativity and Quality in our Events has a proven track record and a presence in the UAE. We strongly believe that Creativeness and Liveliness are the key elements of an event and hence we ensure that our entertainer give out the best in them whenever they perform at an Event.
We as Milestone Entertainment take Pride in our work. We believe in working closely with our clients and delivering on their expectations. We are both creative and passionate about our work and it shows in all our events. Every event is personally handled by our team of dedicated, creative and enthusiastic event Planners, each specializing in making your event an individual and memorable one.
Event is managed by Milestone Entertainment.
Contact No: 050 6454604, ContactEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- Age Limit 21+
- The tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable. The tickets issued are valid only for the specified show and cannot be reused across multiple events. While entering the venue, you must display a valid photo identification document such as original emirates ID, driving license or original passport along with matching name on the debit / credit card that was used for purchase.
- Online ticket resale is prohibited. Any ticket which is bought via a reseller or any other unauthorized seller will be considered as an invalid ticket at the venue and entry to the event will be declined by the Organizer. No refund will be provided by meraTicket.com or the Organizer under any circumstances whatsoever for any such tickets bought through reseller.
- You understand and accept that meraTicket.com sells tickets on behalf of Organizers and that the age requirements or dress code or entry policy at any event or refund of money for any reason whatsoever will depend upon the Organizer. You understand that the event artist lineup is subject to change at any time without prior notice by the Organizer and/or meraTicket.com.
- You are responsible to attend the event at the correct time. You agree that your non-attendance in any event will not entitle you to any refund and that admission to the event after it has started will be at the sole discretion of the Organizer. You further accept that in case you exit the venue after checking-in for whatsoever reason, re-entry to the same shall not be permitted.
- meraTicket.com accepts no responsibility for personal property being lost or stolen, or any injury or any losses sustained by the you at the event. meraTicket.com will not be responsible for any lost or damaged Tickets. Exchanging seats / tickets or categories is prohibited.